Text Size: A+ | A-| A   |   Text Only Site   |   Accessibility
Oregon Department of Human Services
Substantiated Abuse Complaints in Licensed Facilities
This website shows results of investigations where the abuse complaint was substantiated. Note that this website does not contain information related to the following:
  • Licensing or rule violations,
  • Surveys (Facility Inspections),
  • Notifications of Findings (NOFs),
  • Letters of Determination (LOD),
  • Applicable sanctions, or
  • Multnomah County Adult Foster Home Investigations.

What is adult abuse? Please follow this link for additional information: https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/SENIORS-DISABILITIES/ADULT-ABUSE/Pages/index.aspx

We urge users of this web page to take the following steps to obtain information about a licensed facility. It is important to take all of them.

When exploring your options for a licensed facility placement, we recommend you:
  1. Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) by calling 1-855-ORE-ADRC (1-855-673-2372) or visit their website at https://www.adrcoforegon.org/consite/explore-in-a-facility.php for access to a broad selection of informational material and options counseling.
  2. Note substantiated abuse investigations found with the help of this web page*.
  3. Schedule a visit at the facility you are considering and have a conversation with their administrator.
  4. Prior to or during your visit, request copies of the facility's most recent inspection reports.
  5. Contact the Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman (1-800-522-2602) and ask for information about the facility you are considering.

If you would like to review more detailed information about possible licensing violations by a facility, you may contact your local Aging & People with Disabilities (APD) office or Area Agency on Aging here: https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/Offices/Pages/Seniors-Disabilities.aspx

Substantiated Facility Abuse Complaints Selection

4 Steps to locating Substantiated Complaint Information for
Oregon's Care Facilities.

Step 1) Select a facility type:       
Step 2) Complete one of the 4 selection criteria listed below:
  A) By County
Which County:
  B)By City
Which City:
  C) By Facility Name Which Facility:

  D) Select All

May produce a large output list.
Step 3)Complete one of the 2 selection criteria listed below:
Select A Date Range Or Check All Dates:
     Start Date:
     End Date:
(format as mm/dd/yyyy)     
May produce a large output list
Step 4) Submit Your Request:

Multnomah County Adult Foster Home complaints are available at:
Adult Protective Service Office
Tabor Square Building, lower level
4610 SE Belmont Street
Portland, Oregon 97215

Phone: (503) 988-3646
To obtain additional details regarding a complaint investigation report, a request can be made using one of the following methods. A charge of $0.15 per page plus staff time may be applied.
Email: spd.prrequests@dhsoha.state.or.us
Mail: Public Records Custodian
 DHS/APD Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight
 PO Box 14530
 Salem, OR 97309
Back to top
*Disclaimer: Data obtained through this web page may not always be complete. Oregon DHS is aware of the technical and other issues regarding some instances where data may not be complete and is working to correct these underlying issues. Information is added weekly from report data received at Oregon DHS APD Safety, Oversight and Quality Unit. Investigations in process will not appear. For a complete record, please contact your local APD office or your local Area Agency on Aging as described above.

Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.